[Fashion x Makeup x Event] Maybelline's New (York) Me! Event @ Zouk

by - 5/02/2012 10:36:00 PM

On April 11, I saw an update on Maybelline Singapore's facebookpage saying...

That made my competitive spirit go up up up ↑↑↑

Then when the 20minutes finished...

This popped up!!
and....
I was the first to comment I was done LOL!!!



A few days later...



This arrived in my mailbox! 
Want to see what's inside???

   

The invitation!! 
So pretty!! ♥

After I got my invite...I started to think of what to wear! 
I decided to wear something simple but simple...but with a dash of color! (since this event looked so...colorful!!!)

My look for the show (but my purple eyeshadow didn't show on my single eyelids... OTL
and here's my outfit!!


I bought this super colorful collared shirt and I wore it with a high waisted shorts 
with a thin red belt!

You can't see my heels but these babies are from Charles and Keith! 
I love platform wedges and these babies make me look REALLY tall but it doesn't strain my legs at all because it's slightly platformed! ♥
Oh I love feeling tall ♥ hehe 


Then theses were my accessories!
    
I love my stitch ring! hehehe and my colorful ring that Charlene got for me in London!!!!
and my leather name bracelet from Momo!!! 


So after I was done I met up with my friend Nozomi at Great World City for a quick bite!

a  photo before heading to Zouk! 
hehe 

v(≧∀≦)v

look at how busy the entrance is! the line was super long too >_<

*getting closer to the entrance*


At the entrance my friend Nozomi and I got our IDs checked.. (slightly flattered)
but I got confused when the security gave me this o_O? face
...not sure if I'm supposed to be happy or...sad. lol

ANYWAY!!

We got inside and somehow got led to this soya + gelato = soyato line and got some...

 AWESOME ICE CREAM!!

I liked how they said we can burn one scoop by just watching a movie... awesome! 
I guess I found my new best friend LOL

*photo from Soyato's facebook page*
A photo with Nozomi and me!

We also got this handed to us by one of the staff!

ooooh free beer! 
How generous~

So we walked inside and saw...
THIS!
forgot to put on makeup for the event?
FRET NOT!!!
YOU CAN GET IT DONE HERE!!
There was a super long line for this so...I decided to just give up lol


So Nozomi and I tried to get closer to the stage where the event will be held!
Check out the dangling legs! 
sexy

AND HERE IT IS EVERYONE!!!
THE STAGE!!!
*applause*

o(´∇`*o)(o*´∇`)o

This is completely random but...
There was this super super handsome cameraman!!
I event tweeted that Maybelline is so awesome for having hot camera mans too!!
hehe *blushes*
But somehow I was in the hotspot for all the good photos so they were sometimes in my way to take the photos... OTL
That's how I ended up getting this photo ( ̄△ ̄)

So after a while...
The show started!!

And Rozz from 98.7FM was the MC!
She's so pretty...
♡♥(。´▽`。)♥♡ 

So the first part of the show...

DIVA DOMINATION

Kevin Lester

I really loved his song ROCKSTAR!! 

His voice was really good!!
He had a really good stage presence too~

Check him out on his facebook & youtube!


Then....came the pretty models!!!!
    
My photos can't do justice to the pretty girls in soo many fabulous outfits!!
I totally loved the middle girl's pants!!
SO NICE!!!
*jealous*

If you liked any of their outfits...it's all from Forever21!!
(my fav shop! woohoo~)
Slightly feel awkward to buy from there now that I'm... 22... OTL

Then came the Maybelline dancers!!!

Tghe girl in the red pants on the Left...HAD SUCH A NICE BODY!!
Nozomi and I had the O_O face 

After the DIVA DOMINATION came an AWESOME idea of having 
a makeup workshop & runway AT THE SAME TIME!
So the models came on stage with their half complete make up...
after their catwalk, they went over to Marcus to get their complete look!
Then they did their final catwalk with their prettified faces!

   

Marcus looking very proud of his work 
♪(*^ー゜)v

Then there was a mini makeup workshop on the stage!
How to put on eyeliner!
*takes note* 

Then afterwards they asked for a volunteer with single eyelids..

( ̄△ ̄)
....Nozomi kept telling me to go but I wasn't man enough to go up LOL


So after the makeup workshop came....

*DRUM ROLL*

MARVIN!!

THE FOUNDER AND EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF NYLON!!
can you believe it!?!?!? 

I got a little bummed because I knew how much my bestfriend Tammy would have LOVED to see him!!!
So I made sure I sent her a msg and the photo (≧∀≦)



      
A short clip till our final segment of the show...

DO YOU DARE?!

Here's Kevin up on stage again and I thought the Maybelline dancers will come out again or the female models...


But wait...

The models who came out weren't the girls...


THEY'RE HOT GUYS!!!

*insert a few minutes of me spazzing around*

OH MY GOSH!!
THEY'RE ALL SO HANDSOME!!
*looks at muscles*
SO HANDSOME!!
(guilty of having a thing for muscular guys lol...)

    
For a split second they looked like some K-POP boyband LOL
*points at the guy on the end*
.....

*thumbs up*

So I think all the girls had a big shock (in a good way)
that there were a bunch of hot guys strutting down the catwalk


Now then...
They actually took off their shirts (and bag) during the catwalk but I was having my second round of spasm that I couldn't take a photo... (sorry!)


So then the pretty girls came out again! 
Everyone looking AWESOME!

Then Rozz came out again with Kevin and Marcus to thank everyone and to have 
A GREAT NIGHT! 


♪ヽ('∀')メ('∀')メ('∀')ノ♪


I must say...
Maybelline really knows how to throw an awesome show!

After the event Nozomi and I stayed in Zouk for a while but decided it started to get a little bit too cramped so we decided to walk down to Robertson Quay!


Celebrated at the Wine Collection!
I love wine! hehe


THIS IS WHEN THE FUN BEGINS!!!

THE GOODIE BAG!!!!!!

d(*・ω・*)b♪
Here's the stash!!

I was so glad we got to get one because I saw on Maybelline's facebook page that they only had 600 to go around and that it was a first-come-first-serve thing...

So the moment I saw the table..I dashed

lol

(shameless? a little...)


  
Got a few vouchers from Chapter 2 and Forever 21! 
I actually got my hair soft rebonded at Chapter 2!!

Then Maybelline gave out a sample of their new B.B cream, iphone cover (yay!), and their Baby Lips lip cream!

    
I didn't know we got a one time entry pass for Zouk...
so I guess this will just have to be a souvenior from the event! 

Also got a soyato voucher!! I'm going to try looking for their store in Singapore...their cookie explosion flavor was REALLY YUM!!!

Then stitch (my iphone cover) got a chair! 
cute right???

I'm actually a huge fan of Maybelline's lip cream!!
I bought my first one in Melbourne!
Then I actually got ANOTHER ONE from Priceline as a member giveaway!
(how generous is Maybelline???)
My favorite one so far is still the anti-oxidant berry flavor!
But can't wait to try out the mint!

I wanted to look at the iphone cover and when I took it out...
Eh?
Another sample popped out!

Wow!!! 
I felt like I won a lucky draw or something LOL


Let's not forget the Nylon Magazine too!

It was actually my first getting my hands on a Nylon magazine!
AND OH MY GOSH!!!
WHY HAVEN'T I BOUGHT YOU EARLIER!!
Tammy used to get this magazine in Melbourne too so I regret not getting it along with her 
OTL

But there was one section in this magazine that caught my heart... 
    

A section about MELBOURNE!!

Oh how I love and miss Melbourne so much...
So when I read this part all I felt was this warm fuzzy feeling~~

Thank you Nylon for this article!!


FINALLY!!!!


While we were lining up...
someone passed us this!
a headband!!!
TGIF...how very appropriate ( ̄▽ ̄)

These were designed and HANDCRAFTED!! (WOW!)
by Gerachel! 
They do events consultancy and they even have a facebook page too!!! check it out at...
www.facebook.com/GerachelEvents

I love handcrafted things!!!
I love making my own things too~ so this headband is quite a cute idea! 

Since I got it...
I decided to try it on! 
How do I look??

(The headband) is cute right???


(●^Д^●)(●^Д^●)↑


Overall I had a GREAT time going to the Maybelline New (York) Me event!
I was really impressed!
This was my first event that I've been to in Singapore and I think Maybelline did a great job putting my expectation bar...up up up! ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
I can't wait for their next event! 
If anyone else went to the event I would love to see your blogpost and photos!!


xoxo
Kiyoko

You May Also Like

0 comments